Have you verified that all of the worker threads are processing traffic?
Sufficiently poor RSS statistics could mean - in the limit - that only one
worker thread is processing traffic.

Thanks… Dave

From: Pragash Vijayaragavan [mailto:pxv3...@rit.edu]
Sent: Sunday, November 5, 2017 10:03 PM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Cc: John Marshall (jwm) <j...@cisco.com>; Neale Ranns (nranns)
<nra...@cisco.com>; Dave Barach (dbarach) <dbar...@cisco.com>; Minseok Kwon
<mxk...@rit.edu>
Subject: multi-core multi-threading performance

Hi ,

We are measuring performance of ip6 lookup in multi-core multi-worker
environments and
we don't see good scaling of performance when we keep increasing the number of
cores/workers.

We are just changing the startup.conf file to create more workers, rx-queues,
sock-mem etc. Should we do anything else to see an increase in performance.

Is there a limitation on the performance even if we increase the number of
workers.

Is it dependent on the number of hardware NICs we have, we only have 1 NIC to
receive the traffic.

TIA,

Thanks,

Pragash Vijayaragavan
Grad Student at Rochester Institute of Technology
email : pxv3...@rit.edu<mailto:pxv3...@rit.edu>
ph : 585 764 4662