Hey guys,

In buffer_node.h, there are the following macros:
- vlib_validate_buffer_enqueue_x1
- vlib_validate_buffer_enqueue_x2
- vlib_validate_buffer_enqueue_x4

In a node, I was just wondering what was the use idea behind that ? Is it for a
reason of speed ? I mean, you're obviously faster if you process 4 packets
horizontally than one after the other. Why then, in the sample plugin, is the
"x4" version not used ? A "perfect" plugin would use each of them to cover each
case, right ? Also, why not having a "x8" (or more) version ? I guess it's
either for a performance issue or to stop at a specific ceiling.

Thanks !

Justin