Out of curiosity, I looked and found <TOP>/src/plugins/dpdk/device/init.c
that appears to want to support both sizes. I won't try to work through the
code, but perhaps it is just a matter of configuring things so that
variable use_1g remains 1 and use_2m gets set to 0. Function is
dpdk_config(...)

Burt