On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Jon Loeliger <j...@netgate.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Jon Loeliger <j...@netgate.com> wrote:
>

>> vpp# show acl-plugin macip acl
>> MACIP acl_index: 0, count: 1 (true len 1) tag {bob} is free pool slot: 0
>>   ip4_table_index 0, ip6_table_index 0, l2_table_index 0
>>     rule 0: ipv4 action 0 ip 0.0.0.0/0 mac 00:00:00:00:00:00 mask
>> 00:00:00:00:00:00
>>
>> Notice that the ip4_table_index has changed from 3 in the first two 'show'
>> command outputs, while it is now 0 in the 3rd 'show' output.
>>
>> My guess is it should be a consistent value throughout, and I think it
>> should
>> be table 3, but I'm not certain yet.
>>
>> When I then go to remove the MACIP from the interface, I am told error
>> -65,
>> which is "No such table."
>>
>> Should it have copied the ip4_table_index 3 to the replaced MACIP as it
>> stands
>> after the macip_add_replace API call?
>>
>> Or should the original MACIP ACL have inherited the table number 0 from
>> the
>> interface when it was first bound there?

Sorry.  I also hate gmail.  But I could digress acerbically.

Anyway.

I meant to say that I've read enough to know now that these are classifier
table indices.  Which means the 3rd, unlisted option is more likely here:
As the ACL changed, update these table to use the _new_ classifier table
indices.  That should likely be table 4 unless the classifier can positively
determine that there are no other users of tables 3 and can do it in place,
in which case 3 is the correct answer.

But not 0.

Thanks,
jdl