A new option has become available for handling mailing lists: groups.io

As a community, we need to look at this option, provide feedback, and come
to a decision as to whether or not to migrate.  A critical part of that is
having folks take a look, ask questions, and express opinions :)

We have a sandbox example at  https://groups.io/g/lfn  you can look at

And an example with active list and imported archive:
https://lists.odpi.org/g/odpi-sig-bi

Major benefits include searchability, better web interface, etc.

The LF was kind enough to write a FAQ for us as we consider as a community
whether to migrate or not:

*FAQs*
*Q: What are the key differences between Mailman and Groups.io?*
●Groups.io has a modern interface, robust user security model, and
interactive, searchable archives
●Groups.io provides advanced features including muting threads and
integrations with modern tools like GitHub, Slack, and Trello
● Groups.io also has optional extras like a shared calendar, polling, chat,
a wiki, and more
● Groups.io uses a concept of subgroups, where members first join the
project “group” (a master list), then they choose the specific “subgroup”
lists they want to subscribe to

*Q: How is the experience different for me as a list moderator or
participant?*
In many ways, it is very much the same. You will still find the main group
at your existing URL and sub-groups equate to the more focused mailing
lists based on the community’s needs. Here is an example of main group and
sub-group URL patterns, and their respective emails:

https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc
https://lists.fd.io/g/discuss
https:/lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev
t...@lists.fd.io
disc...@lists.fd.io
vpp-...@llists.fd.io

What is different is Groups.io’s simple but highly functional UI that will
make the experience of moderating or participating in the community
discussions more enjoyable.