Hi,
In a typical scenario, we usually use wireshark or tcpdump to capture
input/output packets from interfaces and we can use filters to filter them
base on different criteria such as protocol.
My question is that : when VPP handles one interface, then this interface
is out of kernel's control so we can't capture those packets using
wireshark or tcpdump.

What is an alternative in VPP for wireshark or tcpdump??

I read somewhere that there is a command named "trace" in VPP.
Is it correct?? if so, how to use it?? how to filter packets?? what is the
representation format of packets?? how to filter them base on network stack
layers??
I want to use this tool for debugging my scenarios which uses VPP as
dataplane.