Hey Developers,

I've turned my attention to the wondrous world of VXLANs!
And with that, I stare into the Vast VXLAN API Abyss...

My first question, as usual, involves the SW IF that is created
by the vxlan tunnel create API call.   The IF has a name that
is once-again unknowable by the User who creates the tunnel
unless direct inspection takes place.

Can we somehow invert the naming responsibility here so that
the API states either the name or the unique integer used to
form the the SW IF tunnel name?  Or perhaps it can be formed
using the VNI number?

Inspecting the reply return value isn't good enough; we need to
be able to know, in advance, what the tunnel SW IF name will be.
This is, again, the same naming problem we've had in the past
with Loopback IFs, bridges, and recently memif socket names.

If directly using the VNI won't work, I can work up a patch to
allow user numbering in the style of, say, bridges, if that would
be helpful.

Thanks,
jdl
  • [vpp-dev] VXL... Jon Loeliger
    • Re: [vpp... John Lo (loj)
      • Re: ... Jon Loeliger
        • ... Jon Loeliger
          • ... John Lo (loj)
            • ... Klement Sekera -X (ksekera - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
        • ... Neale Ranns (nranns)
          • ... John Lo (loj)
            • ... Neale Ranns (nranns)
              • ... Ed Warnicke