From: <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of Chris Luke <chris_l...@comcast.com>
Date: Wednesday, 14 February 2018 at 15:53
To: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Cc: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] VPP Node or plug-in load dynamically at run-time

We’ve talked about it a few times. It’s not inconceivable to add the ability to
load plugins at runtime but it would come with risks to stability and so quite
unlikely.

Being able to unload them at runtime is however a complete non-starter without
a herculean effort and even more serious risks; ergo, very unlikely.

Chris.