Perhaps someone from MLNX can confirm, but this is what we received from
them...but we haven’t had a chance to verify yet.

========================
Since DPDK 17.11 Mellanox PMD moved to work on top of upstream user space
libraries (rdma-core) instead of the Mellanox proprietary ones.
So the prerequisites to compile Mellanox PMDs has changed. Please read
carefully the user manual [1]

The errors are because rdma-core is not installed on the setup. There are 2
1.       Install Mellanox OFED with ./mlnxofedinstall --upstream-libs –dpdk
which will install the rdma-core part as well.
2.       Take rdma-core from upstream and upgrade the kernel to the minimum
version required.

Let me know if you still have issues.

[1] http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/nics/mlx5.html

========================
Wanted to ask you a quick question about plans to support Mellanox compilation
with DPDK 17.11 with vpp.
Current release of vpp – vpp 18.01 - moved to this DPDK.
Previous DPDK 17.08 compiles fine with Mellanox support, however DPDK 17.11
fails (log attached for reference).

Could you please tell us what is your support level for DPDK 17.11?
I remember Shachar mentioned some rework in progress for this, but I don’t
recall the details.

On 2/14/18, 9:02 AM, "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io on behalf of John Lo (loj)"