I am trying to get VPP working with a Mellanox ConnectX-5 NIC. I have
tried various configs, but I cannot get it working.

This is what I have now:

I am using:
$ ofed_info -s
MLNX_OFED_LINUX-4.3-1.0.1.0

In dpdk-18.02/config/common_base:
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MLX5_PMD=y
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MLX5_DEBUG=n
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MLX5_DLOPEN_DEPS=y
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MLX5_TX_MP_CACHE=8

$ make config T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
$ make install T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc DESTDIR=install

For VPP:
$ git clone https://gerrit.fd.io/r/vpp
$ git checkout origin/stable/1801

In build-data/platforms/vpp.mk:
vpp_uses_dpdk_mlx5_pmd = yes
vpp_uses_external_dpdk = yes
vpp_dpdk_inc_dir = /home/rvdp/src/dpdk-18.02/install/include/dpdk
vpp_dpdk_lib_dir = /home/rvdp/src/dpdk-18.02/install/lib
vpp_dpdk_shared_lib = no

$ make dpdk-install-dev DPDK_MLX5_PMD=y
$ make install-dep
$ make build-release

This fails with:

  CCLD     ila_plugin.la
  CCLD     libsixrd_plugin.la
  CCLD     dpdk_plugin.la
/usr/bin/ld: /home/rvdp/src/dpdk-18.02/install/lib/librte_acl.a(tb_mem.o):
relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared
object; recompile with -fPIC
/home/rvdp/src/dpdk-18.02/install/lib/librte_acl.a(tb_mem.o): error adding
symbols: Bad value
Makefile:1883: recipe for target 'dpdk_plugin.la' failed

Can somebody tell me what the proper config setting are?

Thanks,

    rvdp

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8486): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/8486