From: Andrew 👽 Yourtchenko <ayour...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 1:50 PM
To: Rubina Bianchi
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Freezing Session Deletion Operation

Dear Rubina,

I've tried the test locally using the data that you sent, here is the
output from my trex after 10 minutes running:

-Per port stats table
      ports |               0 |               1

   opackets |       312605970 |       312191927
     obytes |    100919855857 |    174147108346
   ipackets |       311329098 |       277120788
     ibytes |    173666531289 |     76492053900
    ierrors |               0 |               0
    oerrors |               0 |               0
      Tx Bw |       1.17 Gbps |       2.01 Gbps

-Global stats enabled
 Cpu Utilization : 21.2  %  30.0 Gb/core
 Platform_factor : 1.0
 Total-Tx        :       3.18 Gbps
 Total-Rx        :       2.89 Gbps
 Total-PPS       :     901.93 Kpps
 Total-CPS       :      13.52 Kcps

 Expected-PPS    :     901.92 Kpps
 Expected-CPS    :      13.53 Kcps
 Expected-BPS    :       3.18 Gbps

 Active-flows    :     8883  Clients :      255   Socket-util : 0.0553 %
 Open-flows      :  9425526  Servers :    65535   Socket :     8883
Socket/Clients :  34.8
 drop-rate       :       0.00  bps
 current time    : 702.8 sec
 test duration   : 2897.2 sec

So, in my setup worked I could not see the behavior you describe...

But we have at least one more thing that may be different between our
setups - is the trex config.

Here is what mine looks like:

- version: 2
  interfaces: ['03:00.0', '03:00.1']
  port_limit: 2
  memory:
       dp_flows: 2000000
  port_info:
       - ip: 1.1.1.1
         default_gw: 1.1.1.2
       - ip: 1.1.1.2
         default_gw: 1.1.1.1

Could you send me your trex config to see if that might be the
difference between our setups, so I could try it locally ?

Thanks!

--a