Hi,

I am trying to configure IRB/BVI feature and see if it works.
I am doing the configuration as per the instructions given in
‘https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Command-line_Interface_(CLI)_Guide#IRB.2FBVI’.

Instead of configuring a route as per the link, I am configuring an IP address
on BVI interface.
And I am configuring a sub-interface with vlan-id 50 and attaching it to the
same bridge-domain.

I am doing the similar configuration on the other box and trying to ping.
But the ARP REQ packets are getting dropped saying that the ‘Interface is not
IP enabled’. I see that the sub-interface is not in L3 mode since it is
attached to the bridge. But since the bridge is ‘flood’ enabled, I expect the
ARP REQ should get flooded and the loop-back interface should respond.

And I also see that there is no command similar to ‘bridge <no> route ip’ to
enable routing and bridging.

Please let me know that attaching sub-interface to the bridge for IRB is
supported.
And also please let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,
Leela sankar