All,

I have created the v18.04-rc2 tag on the HEAD of VPP branch stable/1804 and
verified that the build artifacts arrived on nexus.fd.io[1][2]. This completes
the RC2 release milestone for VPP 18.04.

As a reminder, per the release
plan<https://wiki.fd.io/view/Projects/vpp/Release_Plans/Release_Plan_18.04#Release_Milestones>,
 the VPP 18.04 release is in two weeks on Wednesday April 25th, 2018. I would
greatly appreciate if all those developers who contributed code towards 18.04
would check the release deliverables
list<https://wiki.fd.io/view/Projects/vpp/Release_Plans/Release_Plan_18.04#Release_Deliverables>
 and add/update accordingly.

I note that CSIT has created the release branch rls1804 and anticipate that
they will start testing
soon<https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit1804_plan#Release_Milestones>. CSIT
expects to publish their performance report for 18.04 on May 2nd, 2018.

VPP branch stable/1804 is still open for patches, though it is important to
note that we are now focused only on patches which address critical issues (as
determined by the VPP committers), ideally limited to addressing bugs found by
CSIT testing.

Per the standard process, all bug fixes to stable branches should follow these
best practices:

  *   All bug fixes must be double-committed to the stable branch as well as to
the master branch:
     *   Commit first to the stable branch, then "git cherry-pick" into master.
     *   Manual merges may be required, depending on the degree of divergence
between throttle and master.
  *   All bug fixes need to have a Jira ticket:
     *   Please put Jira IDs into the commit messages.
     *   Please use the same Jira ID for both the stable branch and master.

Thanks,
Chris.

[1] Package cloud does not yet have packages for 18.04; this is an issue that
LF folk are still looking into.
[2] Opensuse is failing in the merge job; this is being worked on and should be
resolved next week.