Hi Xue,

As I said, there are something else you have to do.

  1.  Better to use socket based API. Otherwise, you might suffer the 10ms
sleep time of linux_epoll_input. Or please hard code the sleep time to
100~200us in vl_api_clnt_process:430 vlib_process_wait_for_event_or_clock.
Don’t know if you understand what I mean. Hard to explain in a few words, but
this is the behavior of vPP process scheduler. I would not say this is a
perfect design, but it is just like that.
  2.  Comment the lines of fib_table_entry_special_add and fib_entry_child_add
in vnet_gtpu_add_del_tunnel  in gtpu.c. The former would create the fib entry
for tunnel interface, thus might create a long linked list for covered fib
entry(the default route in most cases), when you have many tunnel endpoints,
while the latter would create a child node linked list for each fib entry
created by fib_table_entry_special_add, when you have just a few tunnel
endpoints. We kind of discussed why in previous email. I would guess this fib
entry is not so important for a gtp tunnel, because the gtp traffic would
finally hit a valid fib entry then get sent out
  3.  You should really change the mheap as I mentioned. Otherwise the slow
memory allocation will kill you in the end.
  4.  We made some other improvements, to avoid frequently memory
resize/allocation. We managed to start with a very large (2M in our case)
sw_if_index, so that many vectors related to sw_if_index, are validated to a
appropriate size. However, I wouldn’t recommend you to do so, because you just
need 100K.

Hope it helps, instead of confusing you.

Regards,
Kingwel