Hi Damjan,

This request was discussed in FD.io ARM call in order to optimize dpdk-input node for ARM platforms. Macchiatobin is one common platform where almost all ARM stakeholders are working on and profiling data/details can be easily shared among them.

Thanks,
Nitin

On Wednesday 16 May 2018 11:37 PM, Damjan Marion wrote:

Hi Natalie,

Who requested that?

Damjan

On 16 May 2018, at 15:33, Natalie Samsonov <nsams...@marvell.com <mailto:nsams...@marvell.com>> wrote:

Dear Damjan,
As I understood, it was a request to use DPDK plugin with all platforms and I was asked to upstream Marvell DPDK plugin.
Best Regards,
Natalie
*From:*Damjan Marion [mailto:dmarion.li...@gmail.com]
*Sent:*Wednesday, May 16, 2018 16:03
*To:*Natalie Samsonov <nsams...@marvell.com <mailto:nsams...@marvell.com>>
*Cc:*Tina Tsou <tina.t...@arm.com <mailto:tina.t...@arm.com>>;vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <mailto:vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>; Maen Suleiman <m...@marvell.com <mailto:m...@marvell.com>>
*Subject:*[EXT] Re: [vpp-dev] Marvell's AI from last call
External Email
Dear Natalie,
What is the point of using DPDK marvel driver (which is actually just a wrapper around musdk) if we already have native musdk support in vpp?
--
Damjan

    On 15 May 2018, at 08:48, Natalie Samsonov <nsams...@marvell.com
    <mailto:nsams...@marvell.com>> wrote:
    Hi,
    1.We are working now on upstreaming Marvell’s PMD support in VPP
    DPDK plugin.
    I’m attaching the patch as well in case you want play with it.
    2.Regarding the L3FWD performance difference between MUSDK and
    DPDK, currently we don’t have numbers with VPP L3FW.
    We only have  the numbers with two different applications. One is
    our own L3FW application running on top of MUSDK and other is a
    standard DPDL L3FWD application, so it’s not a fair comparison.
    Best Regards,
    Natalie Samsonov
    <0001-plugins-dpdk-Add-support-for-net_mrvl-dpdk-driver.patch>

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9313): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/9313
View All Messages In Topic (2): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/topic/19249841
New Topic: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/post