The MAC for a loopback is added to the L2FIB only when the loopback interface
is added to a BD as BVI.  If loopback MAC of a BVI is changed subsequently,
there is no mechanism to automatically update its MAC in the L2FIB.   -John

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Gudimetla, Leela
Sankar
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:38 PM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] L2fib entry not updating for BVI

Hi,

I have created a loopback interface (with MAC address and instance ) and added
it to a bridge as BVI. I see the interface MAC address is getting added to
l2fib since it is a BVI.
But when I change the interface MAC address (loopback’s), I don’t see the
corresponding l2fib entry is not getting updated whereas the interface MAC is
getting updated.
Is the l2fib entry not-getting-updated for BVI upon changing the interface-MAC,
expected?
If yes, could you explain why?

Thanks,
Leela sankar