Hi,

I built VPP using  make -j  build TAG=vpp_debug with export
SAMPLE_PLUGIN=yes; The VPP release is origin/stable/1710. First I verified
that sample_plugin.so is loaded.

[root@localhost vpp]# make run
..
load_one_plugin:184: Loaded plugin: pppoe_plugin.so (PPPoE)
load_one_plugin:184: Loaded plugin: sample_plugin.so (Sample of VPP Plugin)
..

Now when I try to put break point of a function in sample_plugin:

[root@localhost vpp]# gdb  ./build-root/install-vpp_debug-native/vpp/bin/vpp
GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6.1-64.el7
..
..
Reading symbols from
/home/harish/vpp_0524/vpp/build-root/install-vpp_debug-native/vpp/bin/vpp...done.
(gdb) b  sample_node_fn
Function "sample_node_fn" not defined.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n])

1) I selected y, but this future break point is never hit when the traffic
is sent when sample plugin is activated.

2) The other thing I tried is to manually load symbols of sample_plugin:

(gdb) add-symbol-file
./build-root/install-vpp_debug-native/sample-plugin/lib64/vpp_plugins/sample_plugin.so
<TXT>
where TXT is the text address obtained from info sections.
But the break points applied seems to be set in incorrect locations, so its
never hit.

Could you please help here?

Thanks,

Harish