On 06/04/2018 09:28 AM, Damjan Marion (damarion) wrote:

Dear Thomas,

That should be doable today, as long as VPP version supports version of dpdk you want to link against.

From the spec file you can invoke autotools project directly, and pass --enable-dpdk-shared to ./configure

./configureĀ --enable-dpdk-shared --prefix=/wherever/rpm/spec/file/wants/files/to/show/up
make
make install

I don't expect any perf difference, but the open question is how the distro dpdk libs deal with different vector optimisations....
I assume you are speaking of AVX?

It looks like upstream DPDK (default settings) and the fedora RPM both have AVX2 enabled but not AVX512.
I think that is consistent of what we do in VPP when we compile dpdk.

--
Damjan