Hi,

I am testing IKEv2 implementation in VPP, and I noticed that a problem occurs
sometimes when establishing a new IKEv2 association.

About 2% of the time on a thousand of IKE exchanges, an assert fails (ASSERT (r
== t->key_len) in ikev2_crypto.c:503). After investigating a little, it seems
that DH_compute_key (OpenSSL function) returns 254 occasionally while 255 is
the expected value.

In debug mode, the program exits because of the assert.

When the code is compiled as a release, it causes the IKEv2 association to fail.

Does the problem come from OpenSSL (version 1.0.2g) or VPP? Could this behavior
be avoided in any way? Would restarting the exchange from the beginning be an
appropriate fix?

Thanks,

Berenger