Hi Stanislav,

Unfortunately I do not have access to ThunderX but my ThunderX2 compilation works on master branch.

Also I observed that following gerrit job running on Cavium's ThunderX compiles src/vnet/ethernet/interface.c successfully.

https://jenkins.fd.io/job/vpp-arm-verify-master-ubuntu1604/1404/console

So I am guessing you are compiling VPP master branch natively on Cavium's ThunderX. So I suggest

1) Either remove -Werror from vpp_TAG_CFLAGS/vpp_debug/TAG_CFLAGS in build-data/platforms/vpp.mk and ignore warning

2) I am guessing problem with your GCC version? Which gcc version you are using? Can you try using gcc 5.4.0/5.5.0

Thanks,

Nitin