From: "Yu, Ping" <ping...@intel.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 9:13 AM
To: "Florin Coras (fcoras)" <fco...@cisco.com>, "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io"
<vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Cc: "Yu, Ping" <ping...@intel.com>
Subject: tls init server is too heavy

Hello, Florin

In current TLS openssl implementation, in each accepted TLS session,
openssl_ctx_init_server needs to re-init ssl_ctx, and set key and certificate,
which actually is not necessary, and normally one-time initialization is good
enough. After I change this initialization to run only once, I can get around
20~30% performance improvement for CPS.
I am now considering to re-architect this initialization, and one possible
point is to move this to tls_start_listen. A generic tls_ssl_ctx_init can be
the interface, then it will call engine specific, such as openssl ssl_ctx
initialization afterward. How do you think?

Thanks
Ping