Hi Xiao:

By changing dpdk driver, do you mean that you changed code in DPDK and wants to
compile VPP with modified DPDK?

If so, I recommend checking out the option to compile VPP with
"vpp_uses_external_dpdk = yes".
Here are the steps I used:

1)      Compiled DPDK with EXTRA_CFLAGS'-fPIC -pie' and have a DESTDIR for the
compiled header/libs using whatever configuration of your choosing.

2)      Modify build-data/platforms/vpp.mk to

a.       Vpp_uses_external_dpdk = yes

b.       Vpp_dpdk_inc_dir = <DESTDIR from step1, absolute path>/include/dpdk

c.       Vpp_dpdk_lib_dir = <DESTDIR from step1, absolute path>/lib

3)      Then build vpp and create packages.

This way the external dpdk is compiled as static lib and linked directly into
vpp binary. At the end you should see a few packages in build-root and they
would contain everything you need. Just install them and they should be running
with your modified DPDK.

I hope the instructions help.

Thanks,
-Ray