Hi Tomasz,

We actually have both hardwired to “on" in the the stack. The reason why
they’re on VCL’s list is because we don’t have APIs to inspect/modify them.
There’s no plan to support Nagle’s algorithm but we should support at some
point adaptive acks.

Also, in case you haven’t been following master, note that we’ve been recently
making updates to how we exchange notifications between VPP and the apps. In
particular, we’re now using message queues [1], as opposed to using the binary
api, for exchanging both control and io event messages. These use, for now,
condvars for exchanging event notifications but I’ll soon push a number of
patches that will allow the use of eventfds for the same purpose. As part of
the same effort, we plan to soon support multiple app worker registration with
vpp.

Hope this helps,
Florin

[1] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/13458/ <https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/13458/>