Hello,

We've got a NAT44 setup configured with separate local and outside linknets,
where the internal NAT pool resides on a different subnet and is translated to
an outside different subnet.

When sending, in this case ICMP packets of size 1500 bytes, to 8.8.8.8 we get
no response back from the target. However, if we decrease size to 1472, it
works. 1500 is including headers (total packet size is 1500).

When sending packets of size 1500 towards 8.8.8.8, the initial returning packet
is 1468 and marked as fragmented with more fragments to come.
When sending packets of size 1472 towards 8.8.8.8 all the returning packets are
of size 1472

The result of sending packets of size 1500 towards 8.8.8.8 is that we get them
back fragmented, and for some reason, not received correctly by the internal
device, whether not passed through out2in properly or not reassembled properly.

Please feel free to attempt reproducing the above and let me know if you need
more info. Any thoughts?
  • [... JB
    • ... Ole Troan
      • ... Matus Fabian -X (matfabia - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) via Lists.Fd.Io