Hi vPPers,

I’m looking at the latest changes in IPSEC, and I notice ip4 and ip6 nodes are
separated. So there are a lot of code in the node function like this:

  if (is_ip6)
    vlib_node_increment_counter (vm, esp6_decrypt_node.index,

ESP_DECRYPT_ERROR_RX_PKTS,

from_frame->n_vectors);
  else
    vlib_node_increment_counter (vm, esp4_decrypt_node.index,

ESP_DECRYPT_ERROR_RX_PKTS,

from_frame->n_vectors);

I’m wondering why not like this:

    vlib_node_increment_counter (vm, node->node_index,

ESP_DECRYPT_ERROR_RX_PKTS,

from_frame->n_vectors);

My understanding is that node functions are always dispatched with the correct
node instances. Or do I miss something? BTW, nt just ipsec, quite some other
nodes are written as the former.

Regards,
Kingwel