From: Klement Sekera via Lists.Fd.Io [mailto:ksekera=cisco....@lists.fd.io]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:47 AM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] test-ext failures seen on master

Hi all,

I'm seeing failures on master branch on ubuntu 18.04 when invoking `make
test-ext`

FAILURES AND ERRORS IN TESTS:
  Testcase name: VCL Cut Thru Tests
    FAILURE: run VCL cut thru uni-directional (multiple sockets) test
  Testcase name: L2BD Test Case
      ERROR: L2BD MAC learning dual-loop test
      ERROR: L2BD MAC learning dual-loop test
      ERROR: L2BD MAC learning single-loop test
  Testcase name: Classifier PBR Test Case
      ERROR: IP PBR test

digging a bit further, L2BD failure also occurs in `make test-debug`, while it
doesn't appear in `make test`. This is a core due to assert.

I think we should run both `make test` (release build) and `make test-debug`
(debug build) as part of verify process. If it was up to me, I would run all
the tests which we have in the verify job.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Klement