Hi,

With Python 2.7 finally being deprecated in 2020. I did an initial try at
running the test framework in Python 3.

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/16099/

Mainly isseus with str/bytes. At least I got some of the tests running, but
many are still failing.
E.g. test_lisp.py depends on a unmaintained external library that does not
support Python 3 at all.

It’s not going to be a massive amount of work, but I’d appreciate some help.
Also, after ltrying this, my recommendation would be to do a flag day. When
16099 is committed, tests will be on Python 3, and until then Python 2.7.
Supporting both at the same time is going to be more pain than it’s worth. Feel
free to disagree on this point.

Cheers,
Ole