> On 16 Jan 2019, at 15:07, amir...@rad.com wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to enable SR-IOV on interfaces that assigned to VPP.
> I was able to create VFs using igb_uio driver (using "echo 8 >
> /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:07\:00.1/max_vfs " command)
>
> The problem is that some of the interfaces isn't working correctly (the one
> that originally worked with ixgbe)
> Is there an option to create SR-IOV VFs on interfaces using vfio-pci or
> uio_pci_generic  (or any other recommended DPDK driver) ?

You need to keep PF on ixgbe and when VF shows up you need to bind VF to
vfio-pci.

If you don't have IOMMU enabled, you need to turn unsafe no-iommu mode by doing:

echo Y | sudo tee /sys/module/vfio/parameters/enable_unsafe_noiommu_mode

vfio-pci is absolute preference for kernel 4.4+, in both iommu and no-iommu
mode.

--
Damjan