Hello All,

Posting the query again.

Thanks,
Leela sankar

From: <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of Leela Gudimetla <lgudi...@ciena.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 6:20 PM
To: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [**EXTERNAL**] [vpp-dev] Packet extraction:
Policer-classify/Classify-set-interface-l2

Hi,

I didn’t find any good documentation on the usage of both Policer-classify and
Classify-set-interface-l2.

Please share or point me to any documentation on “how to use these two types of
classification? And when?”.

I have a need to classify received frames based on Destination MAC and/or
ether-type in the packet.
I am thinking of the following options to achieve it.

  1.  After looking at the code in vnet/classify/classify_api.c and trace it
till l2_input, it looks like they can be used.
But not sure if these features are completely working or not, and how to use
them.

  1.  Add some logic somewhere in ethernet_input_inline()->parse_header(), to
identify the received frames for a given DMAC and/or ether-type.

Please let me know thoughts on the above two options and any inputs on the
packet extraction in general.

Thanks,
Leela sankar