> On 31 Jan 2019, at 15:26, Raj <rajlistu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Continuing my reading of VPP code, I have a query regarding packet handling.
>
> When a node gets a vector of packets to process, if I understand
> correctly, this would be a vlib_frame_t instance. From this
> vlib_frame_t instance arguments[0] is the offset to first  packet,
> arguments[1] is the offset to second  packet and so on, upto xx number
> of packets.

They are buffer indices, unique 4-byte identifier of the buffer.

> Is this understanding correct? if yes, how much is the
> maximum size of the packet buffer?

VLIB_FRAME_SIZE

> Also what is the significance of scalar_size/vector_size in
> vlib_frame_t? Does it mean the number of frames/size of frames?

typically it is not, but it may be sued to pass some additional data.
There is one example if that in repo - ethernet-input node.

VLIB_REGISTER_NODE (ethernet_input_node) = {
    .scalar_size = sizeof (ethernet_input_frame_t),
  };

> in vlib/main.c there is a statement  vec_resize (nm->pending_frames,
> 32). In here, what is pending_frames and what is the significance of
> number 32?

I guess arbitrary chosen number, educated guess....

> I know I have been asking too many questions over here and very
> grateful to all who answer.

np

--
Damjan