From: <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of "Luca Muscariello via Lists.Fd.Io"
<lumuscar+fdio=cisco....@lists.fd.io>
Date: Tuesday 12 February 2019 at 16:16
To: "Masoud Hemmatpour (mhemmatp)" <mhemm...@cisco.com>, "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io"
<vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Cc: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] vapi msg send

According to Ole

https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/10481?p=,,,20,0,0,0::relevance,,vapi,20,2,0,25510961

What deb package contains vapi_c_gen.py and vapi_cpp_gen.py?

For those who wants to generate C api for an external VPP plugin w/o checking
out the
whole vpp tree.

Thanks
Luca

From: <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of "mhemmatp via Lists.Fd.Io"
<mhemmatp=cisco....@lists.fd.io>
Date: Tuesday 12 February 2019 at 15:07
To: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Cc: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] vapi msg send

 Hello all,

 I am going to use vapi to connect to a plugin in vpp. I am following this
instruction:

 1- connect to vpp and create the context (ctx)
 1- allocating memory through the APIs (i.e., initializing the header of the
message)
 2- initializing the payload of the message (msg)
 3- vapi_send(ctx,msg)

Actually, I dont receive any ERR from vapi_send() however the message is not
received to the vpp (I check it by api trace save/dump). Did I miss something ?

Any help is very welcomed.

Kind Regards,