De : <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> au nom de Ole Troan <otr...@employees.org>
Date : lundi 25 février 2019 à 10:02
À : vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Objet : [vpp-dev] Heads up: API cleanup

Apologies in advance. This is going to be painful for everyone using the API.
In the neverending saga of cleaning up the APIs and making types more explicit,
here are the changes I’d like to get in for 19.04:

u32 sw_if_index -> vl_api_interface_index_t

u8 ip4_address[4] -> vl_api_ip4_address_t

u8 ip6_address[16] -> vl_api_ip6_address_t

u8 is_ip6
u8 address[16] -> vl_api_address_t

u8 prefix_len
u8 prefix[4/16] -> vl_api_ip4_prefix_t / vl_api_ip6_prefix_t / vl_api_prefix_t

u8 is_<foo> -> bool

u8 name[64] -> string name

u8 mac_address[6] -> vl_api_mac_address_t

u8 data[0]
u32 length -> u8 data[length]

The explicit types allow for much better type checking on the client side, as
well as automatic mapping into the respective types on the client side. E.g.
vl_api_address_t mapping into Python IPAddress object.

Best regards,
Ole