Hi, Damjan.
       After reading the buffer management mechanism of master's latest code, I
think there is possibility that some buffers can't be used anymore.
       Let me an example to explain the special case:
       The VPP is running on a server with 2 socket, CPU 0/2 in socket 1 and
CPU 1/3 in socket 2. Worker 0 on CPU 0 will receive packet from an interface,
say memif, then handoff packet to worker 1/2/3 on CPU 1/2/3 for further
processing. Finally worker 1/2/3 will send the packet out and free buffers.
       Looks the buffers will be allocated from buffer_pool default_numa_0, and
firstly freed to default_num_0->threads[1/2/3]-> cached_buffers. But there is
no one will allocated buffer from default_num_0->threads[1/3]-> cached_buffers.
The buffers will be left on thread 1 and 2's cached buffers then.
       I know handoff across NUMA is highly not recommended. Just want make
sure my understanding is right and nothing in buffer management mechanism has
ignored by me.

BR/Lollita Liu