Hi Ole,

we have a bridge(loop0) with a private ip say 192.168.100.2/24.
a TAP is also connected to this bridge and other end of TAP is on host side.

we have one physical interface connected to another bridge (loop1) with
outside network ip of say 192.168.10.1/24
and a GRE tunnel is created having source as 192.168.10.1.

Host has requirement to initiate sessions(tcp/udp) to outside network. so
we have applied NAT as below.

nat44 add interface address loop1

set interface nat44 in loop0 out loop1

with this host can initiate session with outside network and SNAT works
fine.

But GRE does not work. we looked into traces and found that packet comming
to GRE tunnels are getting dropped with  trace showing "unknown protocol".

if we enable forwarding then GRE packets are getting forwarded to
destination but now host is not able to initiate session to outside network
because SNAT stops

-Shahid.