From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of guangwei
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:38 AM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] Passive close case, if FIN coming in with data, it seems
don't count the FIN sequence, which lead to active close side retransmit FIN.
#vnet

I'am searching the TCP stack of VPP 18.07, from the code the TCP stack don't
count the sequence of FIN when it come with some data in payload under passive,
which will lead the active close side retransmit FIN, the code as following:
 tcp46_established_inline {
  /* 8: check the FIN bit */
  if (PREDICT_FALSE (is_fin))
    {
      if (vnet_buffer (b0)->tcp.data_len == 0)      <--------------when comment
this line out, it seems work as expect.
    tc0->rcv_nxt += 1;

I'am not sure whether it's OK to just comment this line out,  is there some
other places need to change ?
BTW I glance at the 19.04 code, it seem there is no this issue, but  don't want
to upgrade to that at present.