Hi,

Yes, it should. But there are several things that must be considered:
- the proxy code is not optimized at all. It’s just a toy
- fifos (buffers for connections) are not auto-tunnable at this point. To
achieve a high throughput you need to manually configure large fifos. Here’s[1]
how we do throughput testing with 1 connection. The fifos can be grown/shrunk
but the proxy does not make use of that.
- whenever large number of connection is needed, the fifo segments (place where
the fifos are allocated) should be configured to be pretty large. Note however
that configuring large fifos (due to the requirement above) will still quickly
eat up fifo-segment memory.

Florin

[1] https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/HostStack/LDP/iperf