Hi Alok,

VCL, on master, defaults to no scope set. Local and global scope are set only
if requested in vcl.config as “app-local-scope” or “app-global-scope” or if set
via environment variables, like in your example lower. For more details check
vcl_cfg.c. Session layer interprets no scope set as global scope only, so as
long as no env variables are set and vcl.conf is like the one you have lower,
global scope should be the one the app gets.

Now, regarding the sock test server and client, are you testing through the
stack or cut-through connectivity? If the latter, then you need the local scope
to be configured, otherwise cut-through connections don’t work.

Also, take a look at [1] instead of sock_test_client/server apps if you’re
interested in through the stack throughput testing. Iperf can also be used for
cut-through connections but the only example you can find is here [2], so
you’ll have to parse a bit of python to understand it.

Hope this helps,
Florin

[1] https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/HostStack/LDP/iperf
<https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/HostStack/LDP/iperf>