Hi,

If I create a loopback interface and configure an IP address on it, I am
able to ping that IP address from another host regardless of whether the
admin status of the loopback is up or down. Is that intentional? I'm trying
to figure out if this is something that can be "fixed" or if the current
behavior is the way it's supposed to be.

If I use a loopback as an endpoint for services and want to take the
services offline temporarily, it would be convenient to be able to take the
interface down and have the services effectively be disabled.

-Matt