Dear VPP Folks,

I'm using vpp v19.08-rc0~698-g1f50bf8fc (master branch) and It seems there
is a bug when the abf plugin is enabled and configured in my scenario.

abf policy is defined as follows:
1- permit packets
2- route to output interface without gateway definition ( via 0.0.0.0 )
3- attaching it to input interfaces
When the abf policy is defined as described, the connected networks to
output interfaces will be unreachable. I checked the trace of packets and
saw the following. First, an icmp packet is received on input interface.
Then arp packet is sent and arp reply is received. But in next icmp packet
again this scenario happens while we have an entry for destination ip in
arp table. however, arp reply is dropped and  "arp-disabled: ARP Disabled
on this interface" log is seen in trace output. My vppctl trace output is
available here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/pB2sh3GxrD/

The following is the ping result from my client:
Client 1: ping 30.30.30.2 ( 30.30.30.30 is my router ip address) isn't
established.

My topology and vpp configuration are attached to this email.

If it is needed to set a gateway for abf, then we can not reach to
connected network devices. So I had to set my abf gateway to 0.0.0.0 for
connected networks when there is an abf policy for networks which are not
connected directly.