Hi Satya,

> We are trying to develop a VPP API client which needs synchronous reply
> handling.
> Hence, we were thinking of NOT having a separate pthread for receiving the
> response from VPP.
> We are planning to use no_rx_pthread version of connect api.
>
> Is there any example code to receive and handle the response synchronously.
> I see all the examples are using separate pthread for receiving.
>
> Any input on this will be of great help.

Which language are you using?
VAPI (C) supports both blocking and non-blocking mode.
Python also is blocking, although uses a pthread in the background to deal with
asynchronous events from VPP (if you use the want apis).

See src/vpp-api/vapi/vapi_doc.md for VAPI documentation.

Or you can write your own client against the Unix domain socket if you like...
it really depends on your environment.

Best regards,
Ole