Folks, and maybe Damjan in particular?,

I am trying to run VPP from within a Docker container using
the Ligato framework for head-banging.  The head-banging part
is working.  The VPP interface binding part, not so much.

>From what I can tell, VPP sees the PCI devices, but then grouses
that the /dev/uio[012] devices are not available.  Indeed, they are
not visible from the container, but they did get created on the host!

When starting a 'docker container run', there is a '--device=' option
that maps host devices into the container, but this isn't useful as the
devices don't exist before the container (and VPP) get started.

Seems to me that VPP (DPDK?) needs to maybe make those devices
within the (net?) namespace of the creating process?  Or maybe
something more basic?  Insidious?  Clever?

Any insight?

Thanks,
jdl

PS -- And yeah, no, I'm not sure how the Ligato folks get this to work.
        This part of the puzzle is not mentioned in any docs that I've
found,
        so it is a bit of a puzzlement still.