> Yes, but using a "standard" style then has the same issues as using GNU
> indent, the definition is left up to the tool of what that means, and can
> change from version to version.
>
> What I was getting at is that clang-format allows defining more precisely the
> formatting you want. For example I use this in my .clang-format:

Indeed.
Changing the style has multiple issues. Increases risk of cherry pick failures,
messes up git history / git blame.
Risks mismatch between what's running on jenkins versus local. We already see
this for C++ / clanf-format.

If we want to ensure that the code format is stable, can we achieve that with a
clang-format definition?
Or do we have to pin the version of indent and never change? (Which at some
point might imply we have to carry the indent sources in the repo...)

Cheers,
Ole