FYI,
I have recently started to use the buildx experimental feature in docker
(>=19.03).

it looks interesting as it is designed on purpose for building
multi-platform images,
and manages to reuse the same dockerfile for as many platforms as supported
by qemu (in theory).

I'm not quite sure yet about the actual concerns of running emulation
with jailed envs such as docker or the oldish chroot as opposed to
x-compilation.
I've tested for amd64/arm64 and works well.

docker buildx build --platform linux/arm64,linux/amd64 -t myorg/vswitch -f
Dockerfile .