Hi Shiva,

The echo client/server code was mainly built for tcp testing and was never made
to properly work with udp (it does not support session worker migration). It
did work with udpc (connected udp), but apparently that’s not currently
selectable due to a transport protocol unformat bug fixed here [1].

Apart from that, some other observations regarding the echo clients test app:
- it expects data to be delivered reliably by the transport, so if you ever try
udpc in full-duplex mode (as you did lower with udp) and packets are dropped,
the test will fail. To use half-duplex testing, add “no-echo” to the server cli
and “no-return” to client cli.
- if you aim to measure throughput, be sure to configure fifo-size to a larger
value than the default of 64k. Note though that udp is currently not paced, so
it can easily overwhelm the tx nic, thereby leading to tx-errors.

Florin

[1] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/23551