Hello,

Q&A:

> Where does the vpp-device-test live?
(For VPP) It lives in [0] and runs per-patch non-voting. Plan is to move it to
voting as coverage and stability issues are now limit close to zero (except
major Jenkins outages which we are not in control) and all the results were
analyzed for false negatives. Right now [1] there are no false negatives.

> What does it do?
      Currently it is testing hardware level integration, focused on driver
testing (per mail below it is another layer beyond make-test). This means we
are running VPP in docker container on top of Intel X710 cards in SRIOV mode
(can be extended to Mellanox if needed, or e.g Intel QAT?). Tested are AVF,
vfio-pci (i40evf) via DPDK, memif, vhost, tap and can be extended to more.

> Can we expand this discussion to discuss the VPP CI workflow?  I would like
> to see a decoupling of development and integration.
      Sure, any feedback welcomed.

> It would be great if we could rebuild the containers whenever a commit
> updated the Makefile or the requirements.txt files.
      This was original idea and goal to have the container CI/CD pipeline in
place to be able to eliminate the manual intervention when change is required.
So I am happy to collaborate on design of such. I would start with defining
requirements from community first and then build such infra.

> What’s next?
      We are seeking for inputs how to extend vpp-device driver coverage and
what other drivers you would like to test from either DPDK stack or native.

[0] https://jenkins.fd.io/view/vpp/job/vpp-csit-verify-device-master-1n-skx/
[1]
https://jenkins.fd.io/view/vpp/job/vpp-csit-verify-device-master-1n-skx/buildTimeTrend
[2] https://docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/vpp_device_tests/overview.html