From: <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of "Jon Loeliger via Lists.Fd.Io"
<jdl=netgate....@lists.fd.io>
Reply to: "j...@netgate.com" <j...@netgate.com>
Date: Thursday 7 November 2019 at 06:28
To: vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Cc: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] FIB Route Sources

Neale,

We have a use case where we would like to be able to
determine a more-fine-grained reason for introducing routes
into the FIBs.  All the routes we introduce will come via some
API call, but on behalf of different sources.  Specifically, they
will come from a user-supplied static route, different routing
protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc).

What would you say to adding a few more enum entries into
the fib_source_t type?  We could then modify the
fib_api_route_add_del() to allow the API to state which
source should be used rather than just "API".

Thoughts?

jdl