From: Jon Loeliger <j...@netgate.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 11:48 AM
To: John Lo (loj) <l...@cisco.com>
Cc: Raj <rajlistu...@gmail.com>; vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] QinQ and dot1ad any

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 8:13 AM John Lo (loj) via
Lists.Fd.Io<http://Lists.Fd.Io>
<loj=cisco....@lists.fd.io<mailto:cisco....@lists.fd.io>> wrote:

Thus, sub-interface with "inner-dot1q any" is not an exact match sub-interface
by definition since no match is present on inner tag.

I suppose the CLI:
>> create sub-interfaces GigabitEthernet3/0/3 50 dot1ad 50 inner-dot1q any
>> exact-match
should have been rejected as exact match cannot be supported on the
sub-interface.  This is something we should ideally fix in the CLI to avoid any
confusion with the meaning of exact match.

Regards,
John

Hi John,

I have two questions here.  First, a clarification on what combinations of
options
should be rejected.  Are you saying that the pair "inner-dot1q any" should be
rejected,
or are you saying the trio "inner-do1q any exact match" should be rejected.  I
suspect
you are meaning the latter.

Second, while rejecting it in the CLI would be nice, that would still allow the
configuration
via the API, right?  So it might be better to reject it one layer down so it is
caught by
both the CLI and the API.

Thanks,
jdl