Ben,

I've done some testing and am now happy to report that my interfaces are
receiving and forwarding traffic! This is a great milestone - thanks!

I did, however, run into the ARP issues you mentioned. The first time I try to
hit a destination IP I notice the following:
1) first attempt fails, but the MAC address of the next hop to the destination
IP gets added
2) second attempt fails, but the MAC address of the next hop to the source IP
gets added
3) round trip success (e.g. with a ping)

I also found that setting static ARP entries beforehand allows success on the
first attempt, but obviously this is not ideal because the ARP entries are per
destination. Any ideas what's causing this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

View/Reply Online (#15333): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/15333
Mute #vpp: https://lists.fd.io/mk?hashtag=vpp&subid=1480452