So having time between sending my mail and receiving this I've just been using
the existing on the wire format that was already present in the previous code.

I don't think it'll be hard to convert, but I noticed a couple things which
brings me to 2 more questions:

- VAPI seems to redefine all the structures. This makes the porting effort
harder, why is vapi redefining all the on the wire structures?

- VAPI seems to require callbacks for results. The existing code allows for
synchronous API calls w/o having to define callbacks for the results. Having
callbacks with synchronous calls is pretty cumbersome, is there a way around
having to use callbacks with VAPI?

Thanks,
Chris.