Hi,
The compatibility table here says VPP 20.02 should work with Ubuntu 18.04:
https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP_-_Working_Environments.

We are attempting to compile VPP 20.02 using Ubuntu 18.04.4 with Linux kernel
5.3.0-40. When we compile VPP on this machine and then try to run it, we observe
a GPF on startup. We also can't shut down the machine without hitting the power
button. We observed similar results with Linux kernel 4.15-88. Kernel versions
lower than 4.15-70 or so work ok.

Should VPP compile and run successfully using Linux kernel version 5.3? If not,
is there a kernel compatibility table I can look at somewhere?

Here's some more info on the interfaces for that machine:
https://pastebin.com/zbhjqU5r

Thanks,
Kevin